Tipi U-Pick Info
Tipi CSA members,
We hope you will attend one of our farm events. It’s a chance to see where your food comes from. All CSA members are welcome, whether weekly members, EOW members, or families splitting a share. Our farm events are not open to the general public. Watch our emails and newsletters for dates and times of specific u-picks.
We charge for the strawberries that you take home, but not for pumpkins or gleanings offered at the Pumpkin U-Pick.
– Strawberry U-Picks: probably two weekends in later June, dates TBA
– Pumpkin U-Pick/gleaning party: one day in early October, date TBA.
MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES during U-PICKS.
– Come prepared for the weather. Check the forecast before leaving home. The weather at the farm is often different than in Madison or Milwaukee. Wherever you live, it will hotter/colder/wetter/drier here at the farm. Remember to bring water, sunscreen, a hat, and extra layers if needed. Feel free to go in the open shed at the north end of the barn if you need to get out of the sun or rain. It is spacious and cool.
– We have beehives. Our beekeeper cautions that you should avoid scented products when you visit, especially ones that resemble flowers or food because those may attract the bees. Think about your soap, sun screen etc.
– Please keep your children with you. There are a variety of dangers on a farm.
– Do not bring dogs to the farm.
LIGHTNING and TORNADOS. It is OK to continue picking if it rains, but everyone must get out of the fields if there is lightning. You can take shelter in your cars, or in the open shed attached to the big barn. It is at the end of the barn furthest from the road. We do not have shelter from tornados and you will have to use your own judgment.
PICNIC AT THE FARM. Feel free to bring a lunch and picnic under the shade trees in the yard.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS and SNACKS
Blu’s Froyo Shoppe, 11 East Main Street, Evansville, 608-882-1030, Tues – Sun, 11:30 am – 9:00 pm; Mon 3 – 9 pm, good quality frozen yogurt.
Main Street Cafe, 5 West Main Street, Evansville, 608-882-1293, Mon – Thurs, 6 am – 8 pm, Fri. 6 am – 9 pm, Saturday 6 am – 8 pm, Sunday 6 am – 2 pm. American and Mexican food. Beth’s favorite: chicken enchiladas with green sauce.
Rock N Rollz Sandwich Shop, 1 West Main Street, Evansville, 608-882-4444, 10 am – 8 pm daily, sub sandwiches.
Our farm is located at 14706 W. Ahara Road, Evansville, WI, 53536. View a map of our location.
From Madison (about 35 – 40 minutes)
Take Park St. south from Madison. It will turn into Hwy 14 East as you cross under the Beltline.
Stay on Hwy 14 East to Evansville (about 18 miles)
At Evansville, turn right onto Hwy 213 South.
Take Hwy 213 S through Evansville, then out of town about 2.5 miles.
Turn left at the first road, Ahara Rd.
We are the second farm on the left. Someone will show you where to park.
From Milwaukee (about 2 hours from downtown Milwaukee) and from Janesville:
Take I-94 west from Milwaukee.
Exit at “Johnson Creek.” At the end of the ramp, turn left onto Hwy 26 South.
Stay on Hwy 26 South past Jefferson and Fort Atkinson, and through Milton.
At the edge of Janesville, turn right onto Hwy 14 West, about 2 blocks after passing under I-90.
Stay on Hwy 14 West about 15 miles, until you reach the edge of Evansville.
At a stop light next to a Piggly Wiggly store, turn left onto Hwy M.
Stay on Hwy M about 3 miles.
Turn right onto Ahara Rd.
We are the first farm on the right. Someone will show you where to park.
CALL US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR GET LOST. Check your email before leaving home, in case there are updates from us. We can be reached at 608-669-0557 (cell) during farm events. Please only use this number during the u-picks. Otherwise, call us at 608-882-6196 (office/house).